This is the latest version of our automotive power supplies. This version of the power supply features an input range from 6 – 32V DC. It is an intelligent, high power, vehicle (car / boat / electric cart) 12 / 24V (recommended input voltage for long-term-usage) DC-DC ATX PC power supply designed for car pc and battery powered applications. Designed to provide power and to control the ON/OFF switch of a motherboard (car PC) based on ignition status, the power supply is a wide input (6 to 32V) vehicle / car / battery operated ATX power supply capable of surviving tough car engine cranks (down to 6V) as well as transient over-voltage situations. Just connect it to your car / boat / RV / solar battery and power up your PC!
Please observe that even if this power supply is built for input voltage 6 -32V the recommendation for long-term-usage is 12 or 24V DC. For more information email@example.com.
The power supply comes with complete cable harness consisting of:
- ATX cable extender plus HDD and Floppy power (9inch)
- Power input cable harness terminated in 0.25′ fastons (12inch)
- 2 pin M/B on/off power ON control wire harness (9inch)
- Set of LBJ (little black jumpers) to control various power sequencing schemesThe power supply has 8 user selectable microcontroller driven timing modes, allowing you to choose up to 8 ignition/shutdown car pc timing schemes via a built-in shutdown controller. By removing all user-selectable jumpers, the power supply becomes a traditional PC PSU with no ignition control (shudown controller bypassed) and it can be used in non-vehicle computer applications.Even if your computer is totally OFF, a PC will still consume a few hundered milliwatts, needed to monitor PC ON/OFF status. When the computer (car pc) is in the suspend/sleep mode, it will consume even more power, because the RAM needs to be powered at all times. The power consumption in the suspend mode is few watts. No matter how big your car battery is, it will eventually drain your vehicle / car battery in a matter of days.
While in deep sleep mode, the PSU constantly monitors your car battery voltage levels, preventing deep discharge situations by automatically shutting down (using a built-in shutdown controller) until battery levels reach safe levels again. No more dead car batteries, no more computer resets during engine cranks, along with multiple timing schemes, small formfactor and very competitive price makes the PSU the premier solution for dc-dc ATX vehicle / car PC power supply solutions.
– Ideal car Power supply for operating Core 2 duo, Celeron, AMD systems
– ATX, 6-32V wide input range
– Intelligent shutdown controller
– ON/OFF motherboard control
– Survives vehicle engine cranks
– Battery deep discharge prevention
– High efficiency, 140 watts output
– “Anti-Thump” Amplifier remote control – 15A automotive fuse (mini-blade)
– VIA, Core 2 duo and AMD CPU support