This mini LCD is an intelligent 2×20 character USB LCD display module with InfraRed receiver and keypad interface. This USB LCD display device it’s a true USB HID device (not serial or parallel port to USB emulated) supporting high speed data transfers and easy application developmen without any special drivers needed.
picoLCD is not limited to a USB only connection it can be connected thru I2C or USART.
The product is designed with the ease of use in mind reducing the time and money needed for integrators to launch a new product with LCD. Our sample applications provides windows and linux platform support with open source code and SDK available.
The display has built in 8×5 dots ASCII character font with 8 used definable characters and provides 8 GPO (General Purpose Output) pins. Internal EEPROM allows firmware upgrading and splash screen definition. On power on the display is able to show up to 10 user defined splash screns with custom timing, order and led/gpo status.
Vista SideShow driver support will be added in Q1/2007. Other Vista SideShow character and graphic hardware LCD display products will be available soon.
– Rackmount 1u, 2u or larger cases
– Servers systems to display vital data
– Embedded systems
– Small external USB devices used for monitoring or displaying realtime data
– Added IR decoding functions
– 20×2 character USB LCD Display
– True full-speed USB HID device
– USB full-speed 2.0 support
– 10 custom splash screens, custom timing / looping
– IR receiver connector
– Keypad / LED connector
– USART and I2C connectors
– Supports 8 GPO
– Software support for Windows and Linux platforms
– Open source SDK and source code
– Built in ASCII character set with support for user defined characters
– Electroluminescent green backlight
– On the fly firmware updates
– LCD: 0.74 x 3.28 in.
– Overall size with PCB: 1.47 x 4.57 in.